Saturday, May 12, 2007

Coach Ronn's International Basketball School

Sarasota, FL (941) 927-3330

For more information, please use this contact e-mail address:
BballOnATriangle@cs.com


Allow me to introduce myself:

I consider myself a teacher more than a coach and pay close attention to details in this teaching. My philosophy is "that a thing done correctly increases the chance of it being done well". Practice doesn't always make perfect. I believe that if we practice something incorrectly, we may get very good at doing that thing incorrectly. Instead, I teach that practice makes permanent. I feel it's very important to learn a skill correctly from the beginning and I spend a lot of time (with a great deal of patience) teaching young basketball players how to undo incorrect practices.

Learning proper techniques that can take a player from whatever level they are to the next level requires more specialization as a player matures. There may well come a time when the parent, youth league coach, or school coach doesn't have the time or the experience to teach proper techniques, be able to break old habits, or develop the player to a higher skill level.

My philosophy of paying attention to details, while teaching basketball fundamentals, defense and discipline, has served my players and teams well over the years. Most of my teams consisted of average players, but these teams' winning records were attained because we paid attention to details other coaches weren't teaching. Teaching the "HOW TO's" is my specialty.

I conduct basketball teaching workshops for coaches. I also conduct individualized workshops where I go to a school. There, I will individualize training for that program, where I instruct the coaches while using the players to demonstrate my teaching methods.

I do private tutoring of position specific skills for high school players focused on playing at the collegiate level.

I conduct Parent-Child clinics for youth organizations, where I have the parents going through the same skills as the players.

If you have questions about coaching or playing, feel free to contact me about my book and DVDs, "Basketball On A Triangle". Every aspect of the individual game is covered there.

COACH RONN'S PHILOSOPHIES

On Life: The right thing to do is to do the right thing.

On The game: The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win. Winning doesn't just happen. You must set goals. You must prepare. You must be in condition and be disciplined. You must be fundamentally sound and you must play good defense. With these things in place, only then will you be able to perform at your peak. This takes the right attitude and a determined focus. (Focus keeps you on the line and your goal in sight. Attitude determines your speed along the line in reaching your goal.)

We win, regardless of the score, when you play at your peak and execute those things well which you have been taught to do. No more can be asked than that you give your best in both practices and games. If the other team scores more points, and we have given our best, we have not lost. We have no control over how good or how well prepared the other players and teams are. We do have control over how we play and how well we prepare to play. It is a great test of character to have given your best effort and have lost the game.