Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Coaching Basketball: Teaching Defensive Transition

I surveyed my Spiritual Hoops subscribers during November, asking coaches what their most pressing 'need to know' was right now. I was surprised by the number of responses from around the world, and I will begin to answer some of the questions with my December newsletter.

I will still entertain more responses from my readership and I encourage coaches to submit their questions.

Coach Anindya, from India, asked how to train his players to get back quickly on defense. I thought this was a question I should deal with as an article, because I have had this question asked before.

This is more of a team issue than an individual issue, and while I try to maintain my focus on only teaching individual aspects of the game, the transition issue relates to both the fast break and rebounding—areas I have covered in my e-books and DVD/videos. So, I decided to offer my thoughts on how Coach Anindya might help his players transition to defense more quickly.

If that is a concern for any other readers as well, the article can be read in its entirety at
http://www.top-basketball-coaching.com/December_2007.

Yours in Sport & Spirit,

Coach Ronn

No comments: